We've introduced two new features: one to keep your secrets during PR builds, and one to enhance access control for Bitrise organization. Read the details below.
Manual approval for PR builds
Not all Pull Requests need to be built, right? For most projects, anyone can create a fork of the repository and submit a Pull Request, but if an app on Bitrise is set up with Secrets that are exposed for Pull Request builds, then you probably don’t want just anyone to be able to access them.
That is why you have the option to require approval for a Pull Request build before it can start.
- For private apps: By default, Pull Requests submitted from a fork require approval if any Secrets are marked to be exposed for Pull Requests. The setting can be changed. If your secrets are NOT exposed to PRs, the build will run without asking for approval.
- For public apps: Pull Requests submitted from a fork require approval by default and it cannot be changed. Public apps CANNOT opt out of this feature.
SAML SSO for Bitrise Orgs
As SAML provides a single point of authentication, we're introducing this secure gateway to your Bitrise organization. From now on, it'll be simpler for companies to control who has access to what, plus once set up, the members of your Bitrise organization won't need to remember another username and password anymore.
Please note that SAML SSO is only available for organizations with Org Elite subscription.
First, you'll need an organization set up on Bitrise, or if it's already in existence, you can use it too. Then you have to set up SAML SSO on Bitrise. This can only be done by the owner of the organization.
We support the following providers:
For the detailed guides on the specific SAML SSO providers, please follow the links above.
Basically, you have to make the following steps:
- Adding Bitrise to your SAML SSO provider
- Setting up SAML SSO for your Bitrise organization (on the Security tab)
- Enabling SAML SSO on Bitrise (by org members)
- Enforcing SAML SSO on the organization (by the org owner): before that, users can choose to use SAML SSO or the regular login
Once setup is done by the Bitrise Organization's owner and users are added to the SAML SSO provider too, users will get an email notification with a link, they approve it and that's it, they can log in via SSO.