We’re excited to announce: Mobile DevOps is a thing! This monthly recurring podcast features talks with — and about — mobile developers and their unique app development processes.
Our very first guest is Vladimir Ivanov, Solutions Architect at EPAM Systems from Saint Petersburg, Russia. In this episode, we discuss some of the unique challenges in mobile development that Vladimir has experienced, specifically when compared to developing for the web, as well as the main ideas behind DevOps, and the tools, processes, and technologies that can help teams adopt this new culture.
You can listen to the first episode on:Spotify
In Mobile DevOps is a thing! we talk process of mobile development, showcasing developers from all around the world. We'll learn about the ways in which mobile development processes differ and also how they overlap, through the lens of Mobile DevOps. The aim? Learning how to be more productive and release better apps, whatever technology you might be using. For this, however, we need your help as well — if you have any questions or topics in mind that you would love to hear about in our upcoming podcasts, let us know on Twitter, or through email.
Stay tuned for the next episode!
Books and resources referenced in the podcast:
- The Phoenix Project: A Novel About IT, DevOps, and Helping Your Business Win by Gene Kim, Kevin Behr, and George Spafford
- Waltzing With Bears: Managing Risk on Software Projects by Tom Demarco
- Liquid Software: How to Achieve Trusted Continuous Updates in the DevOps World by Fred Simon, Yoav Landman, and Baruch Sadogursky
- Site Reliability Engineering: How Google Runs Production Systems by Niall Richard Murphy, Betsy Beyer, Chris Jones, and Jennifer Petoff
- Mobile People Talks podcast (in Russian): https://soundcloud.com/mobilepeopletalks