We’re thrilled to announce another Verified Step focusing on the protection of your app: DexProtector, Licel’s product is now an official integration in the Bitrise Step Library, offering a unique solution to keep your apps as safe as possible.
About the Step
You might wonder: why DexProtector is different from our other Verified Steps related to app security?
DexProtector’s approach to defending your apps is individual. This is the first Step in our Library that builds layers of protection around your app, creating a solid shield for your valuable code and assets. This app-hardening Step by DexProtector means instant protection for iOS and Android apps and using it comes with many benefits:
- Protects your apps as well as the communication channel with servers
- Provides a secure layer between your app and the operating system
- Defends your app against both static and dynamic attacks
- A smart virtual machine that prevents hooking and debugging
- Unique native engine ensures your app maintains its performance level
How it works
The DexProtector Step works directly with APKs, AARs, AABs, IPAs, and iOS Frameworks, bringing unbeatable integrity control.
The integration works with Java, Kotlin, C/C++, C#, Objective-C, Swift, HTML/JS, supporting platforms like Android, Android Wear, Android TV, Android Auto, iOS, WatchOS, tvOS, FireOS, or YunOS.
"DexProtector provides reliable app protection and it is really easy in configuration and integration with my build process."
Please keep in mind: If you’d like to use the Step in your Bitrise Workflow, you’ll need an active DexProtector license to make it work. If you already have one, you can add it to your Workflow right away.
Some of the great features of the Step:
- Encryption of strings and classes
- Supporting multidex applications
- Hiding method calls, field types and field access with use of the DexProtector's native invokedynamic engine
- Integrity control: certificate checks, APK's content checks
- Tamper notifications
- Native code obfuscation, encryption, and anti-debugging (gdb)
For more detailed information, you can always visit DexProtector’s official documentation!
Bitrise Verified Steps are official integrations developed and maintained by the service owner. If you'd like to know more about our Verified Step Program and create your Verified Step, read more about it here. Feel free to reach out to us on Twitter or on our public Slack with your experiences about the Step, or to send us any great ideas that would help mobile devs in their daily tasks.